It might sound nutty, but here it is: You need to accessorize your accessories right now, namely your bags. Thanks to the still-strong buzz surrounding Fendi’s friendly, furry monsters, this ‘90s trend (remember Prada’s robot charms!) is making a strong comeback. Whether animal-inspired, fuzzy and tactile, or leaning more towards the discreet side, keychains and charms are a fun way to dress up a tired bag or add whimsy to a too-serious tote. Furry seems to be the way to go, but there are so many adorable leather creations, too, so take your pick. Your bags will thank you.
1. Shrimps Lenny Faux Fur and Leather Keychain: With this pearly-gray, animal-friendly charm, Shrimps has named Lenny the Lion their unofficial mascot. I recommend doing the same. On NET-A-PORTER for $105.
2. Anya Hindmarch Taylor Leather Tassel Keychain: Anya Hindmarch is just having so much fun these days! And thanks to her goofy yet somehow sophisticated designs, we’re having a good time right along with her. On NET-A-PORTER for $225.
3. Fendi Bird Mohawk Monster Charm for Handbag: The reigning ruler of charming bag toppers nails the critter craze again with this punchy-bright little buddy. At Neiman Marcus for $850.
4. Sophie Hulme Budgie Pompom Keyring: Budgie, the baby chick, is as cute as can be, while chunky gold hardware complemented by fiery red fur gives this birdie ample edge. On Farfetch for $204.
5. Valextra Cat Bag Charm: Those who say no to fluff but yes to inanimate pets will appreciate Valextra’s minimalist and abstract leather kitty. At Barneys New York for $250.