There are bags that make a statement, and then there are bags that MAKE a statement. The trend that takes the meaning literally makes for kitschy fun, and it also makes things clear: your bag is more than just a mere fashion accessory. It’s a direct extension of your personality. Besides, why gab when you can let your bag do the talking for you?
1. Jimmy Choo Candy Shoulder Bag: Neon signs are always noticeable, and this one gets your ready-for-anything attitude across loud and clear. While it’s perfect for a girls’ night out, I’d avoid wearing this one to say, a frat party. On My Theresa for $895.
2. Dogeared Normal is Boring Pouch: I had to include this frugal find because its words are so true. It’s also the perfect makeup bag, especially for summer. Pack it with sunscreen, face mists, and sprays for the beach or pool. On Shopbop for $24.
3. Anya Hindmarch Have a Nice Day Tote: Yellow tends to perk people up, so combined with an earnest and friendly message, you’re bound to make at least a few strangers smile. On Farfetch for $1,261.
4. Charlotte Olympia Clear Pandora Loves Shoes Clutch Box: What to get the shoe-obsessed Snob who has more pairs than she can count? A clutch that features a proclamation of her true love, of course. On Forzieri for $925.
5. Edie Parker Jean Dream Acrylic Clutch: The smaller the clutch, the bigger the dream? Edie Parker makes a strong and stylish case for having your head in the clouds. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $1,295.