Espadrilles, bikinis (or well-designed maillots), floppy straw hats, and cutoff jean shorts all obviously speak of summer to some degree, but if you ask me, there’s nothing that symbolizes the season like striped beach bags. I like one that can be taken with carefree ease from a sleepy beach day to a major shopping spree to a last-minute getaway, and all of these are up to the very laid-back challenge.
1. Soeur Sac 3 Tote: Woven raffia stripes never get old when it comes to this time of year, and the price of this chicly rustic, top-handled tote is hard to beat. At Barneys New York for $95.
2. DSquared2 Striped Shopper Tote: There’s nothing like a family of bright and punchy stripes, in a dynamic variety of scales, to get you moving on a hot summer day. Keep the rest of your look neutral to maintain your cool. On Farfetch for $241.
3. Burberry Canvas Striped Tote: Feeling natural? So is Burberry with their tan canvas tote, which feels handcrafted and unique, thanks to abstracted, painterly stripes. On Farfetch for $656.
4. Tomas Maier Striped Canvas Tote: Capitalize on a clean, preppy vibe – and this bag’s great accommodating size – with Maier’s flawless take on casual, nautical canvas. On NET-A-PORTER for $480.
5. Givenchy Large Antigona Striped Coated Canvas Bag: Who says a striped beach bag can’t be a great long-term buy? With bold black and white stripes that speak of chic poolside cabanas, Givenchy proves it can be worth the investment. On Luisa via Roma for $1,790.