We are getting very serious about the mini-bag trend, but don’t think it’s just for sake of carrying something cute. I have grown to love the freedom of traveling light and on a lot of my days, my phone and a small card holder are all I need. I have been using my Charlotte Olympia Feline crossbody wallet way more than I thought, although it’s a bit too tiny and sometimes I need a slighter bigger version. A built-in wallet is great, but for maximum versatility, these top picks offer just what you need. Note: be mindful of the size of your phone. I’ve found it difficult to fit my massive iPhone 6 Plus in much of anything mini.
1. Valentino The Rockstud Small Leather Shoulder Bag: Small size, big color! The red hue catches your initial attention, but the shoulder-to-clutch convertibility and super-organized interior win the day. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,195.
2. Valextra Mini Isis Crossbody Bag: I appreciate a baby bag that can be dressed up or down, and Valextra’s classy classic packs elegant versatility. At Barneys New York for $970.
3. Lanvin Micro Lizard-Embossed Clutch: Sleek, simple, and slim, this textural, north-south crossbody will inspire you to take only the bare essentials. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $985.
4. Prada Cavallino Calf-Hair Mini Crossbody Bag: When it comes to saucy spots, I believe scaled-down sizes work best, so there’s plenty to love about this wild mini. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $960.
5. Victoria Beckham Textured-Leather Mini Satchel: When one of Victoria’s favorite styles goes on sale, you jump on it. Especially when it comes in a summer-perfect shade of swimming pool blue. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,396.50 (from $1,995).