I am going to a resort in Bali next week, and I cannot wait! I am looking forward to a week of pure relaxation with plenty of lounging and yoga. Packing is easy: I am going ensure I’m comfortable in kaftans, shorts, and maxi skirts, but the bags are what will set the mood. Here are five bags you must have for ultimate fun that come with needed functionality:
1. Sophie Anderson Lilla Woven-Cotton Shoulder Bag: Soft and not too serious, this woven bucket can go to the beach, accompany you shopping, and work as a carryon bag. It’s the be-all and end-all of versatile resort bags. When you get back home, you’ll find yourself bringing it out for festivals, weekends, and gym jaunts. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $274 (from $393).
2. Mark Cross Hadley Coated-Rattan Tote: Here’s the epitome of vacation bag. While a rattan bag is reserved for leisurely occasions, the investment is worthwhile for summer weddings, showers, and lunch with the girls. In bright white and brighter blue, it’s too appealing for words and it guarantees to heighten whatever beach wardrobe you pack. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $2,476.
3. Fontana Milano 1915 Tum Tum Mini Tote: You’ll want to throw the basics in a simple, open tote when you’re roaming the grounds of your resort or even taking a short excursion out. With a crossbody strap, this one is great for day; then carry it by the top handle to dinner (clutches seem too uptight when you’re in full-on relaxation mode). Bright, happy yellow will perfectly match your sunny disposition. At Barneys New York for $1,800.
4. Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB Tote: Palm-leaf patterns are in season. If you’re feeling a verdant print, this is yet another way to get your resort fix without getting too carried away. On Shopbop for $255.
5. Emilio Pucci Woven Straw Tote: Have you even seen a straw tote as cute and fabulous as this? I haven’t! A natural, neutral weave set against aquamarine blue could not be more perfect to set the mood for your ideal summer vacation, and the interior surprises you with Pucci’s fun, classic print. Kick the trip off right by carrying this on the plane! On Luisa via Roma for $1,745.