If you have not adopted the use of a pouch that can be transferred from bag to bag, you are seriously making your life very difficult. The catch-all essential, for everything from receipts to lip gloss to keys, allows you to switch bags without headache, and then it can be used as a clutch in a pinch. The size of your desired pouch depends on how much stuff you have, and there is no shortage of options. As for me, I love a fun pouch that stands out in your bag and makes you happy when you take it out, especially during the summer.
1. Carven Multicolor Printed Fabric Pouch: A classic Japanese-inspired pattern gives way to rich colors and a cool press-lock closure for details that deliver. On Forzieri for $168.
2. House of Holland Bag of Tricks Embellished Leather Clutch: Henry Holland’s cluster of perky flower appliqués on a big, flat pouch of lemon yellow will add major punch to your everyday situation. On NET-A-PORTER for $665.
3. Tabitha Simmons Embellished Suede and Leather Pouch: A beaded suede pouch deserves to see more than just the inside of your bag, so don’t hesitate to take this out to a casual dinner. On NET-A-PORTER for $495.
4. Anya Hindmarch Stickered-Up Georgiana Embossed Leather Clutch: I dare you to not crack a grin every time you whip out Anya’s deliciously cluttered clutch. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,295.
5. Diane von Furstenberg Voyage Wristlet Pouch: This slim pouch may not technically fit a camera (but it will hold your iPhone!), but who cares? The best part is the lens that doubles as an extra front pocket. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $103 ($148).
6. Mary Katrantzou Flamingo Pouch (on Farfetch for $210, $420)
7. Valentino Medium Rockstud Camouflage Nylon Pouch (on Luisa via Roma for $645)
8. Maison Margiela Paint-Splatter Large Pouch (at Barneys New York for $430)
9. Comme des Garçons Small Zip Pouch (at Barneys New York for $175)
10. Alexander McQueen Heart Skull-Zip Silk Pouch (at Saks Fifth Avenue for $138, from $345)