The truth of the matter is that dogs probably don’t care much about what the carrier they’re toted around in or what their food bowl looks like, but for us owners, it’s so much fun! Make sure to take a visit to the the vet first and get all your needs, including those puppy vaccinations. I’m sure you’ve got the right kind of food and a local dog groomer (though for Manhattanites still searching for one, please try this doggy “night club” and report back!), so today, I’m focusing on accessories, including, of course, a bag…
1. Henri Bendel Luxury Dog Carrier: Some can get away with carrying their dogs in their totes, but you’re risking damage to a beloved bag and frankly, it’s not as comfortable for them either! This monogrammed carrier comes with a cozy, terry cloth padding at the base and an easy-to-clean nylon liner. At Henri Bendel for $448.
2. Mungo and Maud Adjustable Braided Leather Dog Collar: A braided collar like this is good for fine-haired dogs, as their hair won’t end up matted down. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $180.
3. GG Collection Personalized Pet Bowl Holder: Pups get so little variety in food compared to us. Compensate with a luxurious, personalized dinner setting. At Neiman Marcus for $250.
4. Henri Bendel West 57th Dog Leash: Stripes add a surprising amount of personality to this basic black and white combo. At Henri Bendel for $78.
5. Max Bone Storage Jamie: There’s nothing worse than waking up in the morning and stepping on some saliva-steeped toy. Stay organized with this cute, felt basket. On Pet Fancy for $35.