The festive mood is upon us and when you say party, I automatically think glitter! But actual glitter is impossibly messy, and sequins can get old fast. A supremely shiny bag is the best way to liven up any outfit, so even if you’re sticking to basics when it comes to getting dressed, you can amp things up in an instant with your bag. And the fact you can check your red-hot lipstick on the sly is just a convenient bonus.
1. Maison Margiela Metallic Shopping Tote: You don’t need the occasion of a cocktail party to get your shine in full effect. Enhance your daily routine with this light-catching tote. On Farfetch for $2,040.
2. Chloé Drew Shoulder Bag: The Drew is a favorite of ours, and all it took was the addition of a splash of flash for Chloé to improve upon perfection. On Farfetch for $2,050.
3. Paco Rabanne Small Leather Bag: The canteen-style bag is a shape that’s heating up this season, and nothing makes it sizzle like ice-cold silver leather. On thecorner.com for $1,330.
4. Marques’ Almeida Metallic Leather Handbag: A stiff little shoulder bag has a way of feeling, well, stiff. But not when it’s in super-slick and glossy pink. At Nordstrom for $790.
5. Christopher Kane Mini Safety Buckle Metallic-Leather Shoulder Bag: If you’re feeling especially frisky, Christopher Kane is your man. There is nothing safe about this searing blue accessory. On MATCHESFAHSHION.com for $953.