Forget neutral and necessarily practical-looking. The top-handle bag is meant to be fun because when you’re carrying something right in your hand, it receives full attention. And rightly so! An amusing and quirky bag that only gets tucked in at your side has just missed the point. Particularly for the party season that’s freshly upon us, here are truly unique and unexpected top-handles to top off your festivities.
1. Fendi Large Colorblock Clutch: Pick up this one for some geometry that’s easy on the eyes, a slender profile, and a chunky, chain strap that offers a good dose of hardware. At Barneys New York for $1,700.
2. Rochas Sequinned Bird Bag: You didn’t think ever-fanciful Rochas would settle for a basic black top handle, did you? A bird of black sequins is just the right ornament for the most decorative time of year.
3. J. Mendel Melodie Clutch: A hard, architectural top handle is the right complement to a cleanly-structured bag, especially one in mood-brightening coral snakeskin. At Barneys New York for $2,500.
4. 3.1 Phillip Lim Alix Mini Circle Clutch: A crossbody strap would be the obvious addition to a canteen-style baby bag, which is precisely why a paperclip-inspired metal handle is the perfect finishing touch. At Barneys New York for $395.
5. Snob Essentials Gigi Binocular Bag: I love a binocular bag for a more casual, top handle-friendly shape. But in an abstract floral print, our top handle-to-shoulder style goes dressy just as easily. On Snob Essentials for $98.