1. Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Face Cream: I’m in love with this cream. Completely oil-free, it penetrates immediately to give you a deep infusion of hydration that makes your skin feel like it’s plumping up from all that moisture. You get a gorgeous, dewy complexion that lasts all night. I also use this under my sunscreen for day. It lays a great base and doesn’t feel heavy at all. At Nordstrom for $40.
2. SOL Sunguard MultiSport Sunscreen: It’s so hard to find a sunscreen that will give extreme protection without being thick and greasy. Especially those that are waterproof! Waterproof is usually worse because it has to be thick to stay on, right? So you would think, but SOL Sunguard Multisport is lightweight, quickly absorbed, completely matte, and doesn’t leave a white residue. Sounds like a miracle, but it’s truly the best. The only slight concern is the ingredient octinoxate, considered a moderate health hazard by the EWG; it’s certainly not one of the major ones, like avobenzone, that messes with your hormones. I use this sparingly when I’m going in the water or spending an entire day in the sun and fall back on the Avene Hydrating Sunscreen for moderate activities. On Amazon for $14.95.
3. Avene High Protection Tinted Compact SPF 50: If you want to be totally shine-free yet get maximum sun protection, this mineral-tinted compact is it! It goes on sheer but has the kind of flawless coverage we all want from foundation. The beige is their lighter shade, which is still good for summer tans on those who are fair. I’m the honey tone, which is slightly sun-kissed but completely natural. On DermStore for $36.
4. Elizabeth Arden Skin Illuminating Retexturizing Pads: The key to staying oil-free starts with a clean face and clear pores. After all the sweating and sun-protecting products, nothing feels better than stripping all of that off at the end of the day with these gentle exfoliating pads. There’s just enough abrasion to clean off your daily gunk, but it’s not a harsh scrub. I use this after a full facial wash to get the last bits of makeup, sunscreen, and natural daily oil buildup off to get my face back to its perfectly product-free state…to start all over again! At Macy’s for $56.
5. Aesop Petitgrain Hydrating Body Gel: Lathering yourself up with a greasy lotion is the last thing you want to do at the end of a hot, sweaty summer day. But after time spent in the sun, staying hydrated is a major priority. This lightweight allover body gel is refreshing and nourishing, and the smell is heavenly! On Amazon for $35.